In 2019, West Brunswick Amateur Football Club had three Men’s and two Women’s football teams competing in the VAFA. In 2019, our Men’s thirds narrowly missed out on playing finals, while our Women’s Development Team (Women’s thirds) had a lot of success, winning 9 of their 10 matches. The playing list at WBAFC is strong and boasts a lot of depth across all grades.
At West Brunswick, we espouse a ‘one club’ culture and are looking for coaches who are committed to working with the club committee, and all Men’s and Women’s team’s coach to promote a positive and unified club. The successful candidates will receive support to achieve their individual and club coaching goals through certification and ongoing development while working alongside our senior coaches, who each have a wealth of experience and a history of success.
For the development role, in particular, we are looking for an applicant who can work with players who are new to the sport to coach and develop foundational skills, and cultivate an understanding of the game.
The successful candidates will possess the following skills and attributes: strong knowledge of the game
the ability to develop players’ skills and fitness strong communication skills on and off the field demonstrated leadership capabilities
the ability to implement a cohesive game plan
The successful candidate must have, or be willing to obtain, a current Level 1 AFL coaching accreditation. WBAFC will fund the level 1 accreditation for successful applicants.
The primary duties of the thirds/development coaches are:
- Coaching: on match days and at trainings beginning in pre-season
- Team selection: working with the senior and reserve coaches to select teams during the season
- Development: develop and prepare players for promotion to reserve level football, and support players with varying football knowledge, skills, and ambitions to achieve their goals
- Strategy: Work closely with the senior coaches to implement a consistent club strategy and game plan
- Promotion of the club’s culture and values
If you would like to join a progressive club that’s on the up, please email a cover letter and resume outlining your suitability for the role to President Beth Cook at [email protected]. Applications should include relevant coaching experience and references. Please direct all enquiries to [email protected] also.