The West Brunswick Amateur Football Club was founded in 1959 and is a member of the Victorian Amateur Football Association. The club has played at Royal Park since 1959 playing on McAllister Oval from 1959-1971, Ransford Oval 1972-1984, Western Oval 1985-2004 and back to McAllister oval from 2004 until present.
The Club has sourced its players from the local neighbourhood and through existing players. Each season the club has 80 players registered with 50% from Carlton, Parkville, Kensington, Brunswick area and the remainder from other suburbs.
In 1968, West Brunswick AFC joined with Old Assumption AFC to finance (50% contribution) with the MCC the construction of the clubrooms and public toilets on Park Street. In those days there was only a moderate out of date building that was used as a toilet only, with sporting clubs using the ‘dungeons’ for changing. In 1983 West Brunswick AFC joined with Royal Park Brunswick Cricket Club to extend the facility following some property damage.
West Brunswick moved to it current modern facilities at McAllister Oval for the start of the 2005 season.
West Brunswick AFC also supports the VAFA in developing FIDA football. FIDA is the opportunity for disabled players to enjoy the game and played at Royal Park on six Sundays using three grounds during Winter months.